Photobucket

2.21.2010

Sketchbook - Two of Cups

Sketchbook - Two of Cups


I was kind of excited to go for my fourth post in four days, until I actually cut the deck and drew. You have got to be kidding me -- first the Two and Ace of Wands, now the Ace and Two of Cups. Again I almost cheated and went ahead to a sexier card, and again I decided to just play 'em as I was dealt 'em.

So. I sat and thought for like ten minutes and couldn't come up with anything. I really like this card in readings, but I couldn't think of anything very interesting that remained true to the card's meaning of fellowship, love, reconciliation, and unity.

I figured the bells cover all of that -- some will instantly see them as wedding bells, but bells toll in celebration of pretty much any major event. They even toll the simple passage of time. Tex and I live close enough to a churchtower that we hear its bells toll every hour (five minutes fast) and I am always surprised by how reassuring the sound is. You'd think you get used to it after a while, but apparently no.

And of course, turned up like that, the bells can also be seen as a pair of cups. I kept them as white as possible so they'd look like they were announcing good news.

Also, bells are hard to draw -- they have a totally inflexible curved surface. Try it sometime, you'll see.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ideally, we'd suggest playing the European or French game, though American may 우리카지노 be quite enjoyable, too

    ReplyDelete