
If you'd like a glimpse of the great cosmic messenger in mid-flight, hurtling through time and space to intercept you at a key moment, then I present you with Tomas Mankovsky's stop-motion film Sorry I'm Late:
The Eight of Wands is a reminder to stay light on your toes -- a sudden change, a surge of energy, or a crucial bit of information is about to intercept your path and boost you to the next level of engagement. Arthur Edward Waite claimed that this card depicted "motion through the immovable". I think that's a brilliant description of stop-motion animation, especially what you just saw above, but I also see it as a challenge to apply to your personal philosophy. When the world around you seems inflexible and unyielding, then by default you're the most mutable and dynamic factor in the equation, right?
Capitalizing on this can be as easy as recognizing and seizing opportunities as they arise, or may require you to perform full-body contortions in order to transcend those pesky limitations. In these high-pressure situations, only the quick, the nimble, and the creative will attain the status conferred by the following card, the Nine of Wands. When that aforementioned great cosmic messenger appears and passes you the baton, you'd better be ready to sprint that final lap!
6.04.2009
"...Motion Through The Immovable."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks to Annsley Chapman for sending me the link to Mankovsky's film!
ReplyDelete