
From Phillip Toledano's Portraits of Phone Sex Operators:"I'm 60 years old, have a B.A. in Cultural Anthropology from Columbia University, and married for 25 years. I have a son in his last years of college who lives at home. He's a 4.0 with a double major in English Literature and Religion. Men call me for an infinity of reasons. Of course, they call to masturbate. I call it Executive Stress Relief. It's not sex; it's a cocktail of testosterone, fueled by addiction to pornography, loneliness, and the need to hear a woman's voice. I make twice the money I made in the corporate world. I work from home, the money transfers into my bank account daily. I'm Scheherezade: If I don't tell stories that fascinate the Pasha, he will kill me in the morning."
Each operator has their own story to tell, but this lady is my favorite. She reveals how cultivating an adventurous and ambitious spirit can give us the power to transform the realities of others-- which is the very essence of the Queen of Wands. The Queen is forceful but charismatic; so great are her will and passion that they can transform her into whatever kind of being the task at hand requires. Because of this she's a skilled seducer, an enchanting storyteller, and an enterprising seeker of fortune. But before you disparage her as a hustler, remember that we all strive to find or create scenarios in which we're likely to thrive and flourish; she's just better at it than most. Some people use this skill to become civic leaders or social advocates, others shine on stage and screen, and still others simply wind up with a knack for keeping money and attention heading their way at all times. Some do all three! Instead of judging her or feeling envious, why not see what you can learn from her instead? I've heard she is susceptible to flattery... [Via]
6.16.2008
Queen of Wands
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment