Photobucket

1.13.2010

"Perhaps You Are That Messenger..."


I'm pretty sure I know what my next destination is. How do I get there, now?

Looking at the concept artwork for Kolelinia, the transportation revolution designed by architect Martin Angelov, I look forward to a time (however far-off) when I can depart from the road and glide through the air on my own steam. Maybe it's nothing but an elegant dream that will never exist in real life, but if you've ever risked a bike ride through city traffic, you probably got the same giddy feeling looking at this thing that I did. The concept scratches an unconscious itch in the hearts of bicycle commuters, it captures the imagination and shows us how fast things can change.

If you look at the diagrams, you'll see how it's supposed to work -- the bike tire fits in a deep groove that keeps you balanced perfectly upright as you zip along, your handlebar secured from the side to prevent any wobbling. I can't help fantasizing about crossing the East River this way -- it's way more exciting than the water taxi.

Consider the Eight of Wands as a messenger already in flight, on its way to present you with news, inspiration, or 11th hour revelations. Or perhaps you are that messenger, calibrating yourself to land perfectly in the right place and time to alter the course of events for others. Either way, the lines are open and the wheels are in motion. Keep your eyes on the skies, work those thighs, and don't forget to moisturize. Okay I'll stop now. But you get the point -- the wind that blows at your back is pushing you forward, and the wind that blows in your face bears traces of what is to come. Use them both. [Via]



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment